Wednesday, May 12, 2010

26!!!

I turned 26 on May 4th, 2010. I'm old and I hate it. I feel the wrinkles in my face, my body sagging more each day, and my joints hurting. In the whole scheme of things 26 is not that old but to me it feels old. 4 years and I am going to be 30, I don't even like to think about it. I feel like I am an 18 year old trapped in a 26 year old body. I try to do things that were a breeze back in the day and I almost kill myself. I couldn't even imagine what would happen if I did a back flip. I'm happy to admit that I am still pretty flexible but that too is fading away as my age progresses. I tell myself everyday that I am going to eat better, exercise and take care of myself. Not too much exercise happening over here and I don't eat what I should either. It's going to catch up to me, it has started already. I just remember being in high school and thinking my sisters were so old. That will never happen to me I thought, oh the things you think in high school. Anyways, I like to rant every now and then so there is my rant for the day. I hate getting old.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy. The older we get, the harder it is to take care of ourselves. I guess its because we put so much energy into our children. Well, you look great! Hope you had a fabulous birthday! You think your old, I'll be 30 in 11 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should be gym buddies. I have been trying to make myself a gym person since high school. Yeah. Not so successful, obviously.

    And, in reference to your other post about lack of sleep, I AM SO SORRY. My nephew has been waking me up after 6 hours of sleep for the past four days and IT SUCKS. I am NOT a happy person when I don't get eight hours. Gah.

    ReplyDelete