Monday, October 31, 2011

Foo Fighters





Back in 2005 I was lucky enough to see the Foo Fighters in Calgary with some friends. When I met Kyle and let him in on this info, he was a tad bit jealous to say the least. Kyle LOVES the Foo Fighters and has been listening to them since 1995. He figured he would be lucky enough to see them one day but it took 16 years. I joined ticketmaster and get a heads up if one of my favorite bands is coming. I also joined the Foo Fighters fan page on facebook and that's how I actually found out they were coming. I was so excited for Kyle and also for myself. I wanted to do the whole surprise thing but it didn't turn out that way. I ended up telling him they were coming and we went ahead and bought the tickets. When we found out we were going in October, Kyle decided he was going to grow his hair out for the concert. We bought the tickets back in May, so he grew his hair out for 5 months. When October 27th came I couldn't hold in the excitement, either could Kyle. We got a hotel for the night while my parents watched the kids. It really is nice to get away for just a night. When we got to the Saddledome, there were so many people. We didn't get the best seats but they were alright. It was so fun to see how excited Kyle was, he has been waiting for this forever. I am so happy that I got to be there with Kyle and experience this with him. I love seeing him so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment