Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jaxen Edward Clifton

Jaxen was born March 11, 2009 at 12:06pm weighing in at 7lbs 15oz. I was induced at 8:30am and had him 3 1/2 hours later. QUICK!!! I stayed in the shower most of the time which really seemed to help. When I was 5 cm dialated I decided to get the epidural. Literally the moment the doctor was done I was 10 cm and ready to push. No luck for me, it was like going without. Hopefully if I do it again it will work, I would like to know what it is like to have an epidural that works. It only took one, yes I said one, push to get him out. Jaxen was so much easier than Ava. Labour always seems to be a competition between women to see who had it the "worst". Or you get the women who said it wasn't that bad. Everyone is different though right???
Jaxen is now 4 months old. He is a chubby little man weighing in at 17lbs. Yes, I am aware that is a little big for someone his age but the doctors aren't worried so I am not worried either. He is a happy little guy and only cries when hungry or tired. He smiles so much, it makes my heart melt. It's not easy with two and I can only imagine how hard it is with three or four. I am not ready to find out anytime soon but time can only tell.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you have a blog!! He is just the cutest thing!! I'm getting baby fever again, but I have to hold off for a little while, I'm not quite ready for two. If you ever come up to Calgary, let me know and we can have a shopping day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY i love when people start up blogs!! you seriously have the cutest little kids... i am nervous about having another one. two kids scare me! (not that i am preggo....NOT an announcement!! ha ha) give me a call sometime we should have a play date!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo....
    You have a BLOG?!?
    Devil child - I looked at Jennie's and found your's! You should have CALLED ME! (yeah right!)
    I'm excited though - keep it going. That way I'll at least "feel" like I talk to you sometimes! You live wwaaayyy too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya another blogging mom friend! I love when people get blogs because I live so far and it's been so long, I kind of feel like i'm keeping in touch. You kids are adorable! I have no experience with two so I couldn't tell you the difference from 2 to 3. But 3 is awesome! I love it so much. It's weird i've only been pregnant twice though. It's like i'm ready to do it again but 4 kids!?! Maybe I can wait a little longer!! Keep up the bloggin!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He definitely has the cutest little smile! Two was the hardest for me too. Three actually wasn't so bad, it would have probably been easier if I didn't have baby #2 and #3 only 13 months apart...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. jaxen is darling cute karli! congrats. i also randomly found your blog and was excited, since i haven't seen your baby boy yet!!!
    p.s. my blog is private, but if you want an invite, just leave a comment (after this)with your e-mail and i'll send you one.

    ReplyDelete