Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Jaxen at 10 months

Cute little guy


Trying to crawl up the stairs
Jaxen has a special place in my heart. When Jaxen was born he was very stiff. His little body would not bend no matter how hard you tried. I honestly didn't think anything of it until anybody and everybody that held him commented on it. I decided to take him to the doctor to see if he thought anything was wrong. The doctor from Raymond decided to send him to a pediatrician in Lethbridge. Jaxen has been seeing Dr. Wong for about 8 months now. Initially Doctor Wong thought there was a possibility it was Cerebral Palsy. My heart sank at the news. We were then sent to the hospital so Jaxen could get an ultrasound through his soft spot on his head to see if there was any bleeding on the brain. The ultrasound was clear thank heavens but then what was causing the stiffness? Jaxen has also been seeing a physiotherapist for about 6 months to work with him. It's a workout for Jaxen but I think it really is helping him. Everytime we go back to Dr. Wong, the stiffness seemed to decrease. The last time we went to see Dr. Wong he said the stiffness had resolved itself. That was a relief but all that worry for nothing. I know they want to prepare you but come on, I was a basket case. The stiffness is gone but Dr. Wong is now worried because Jaxen is behind on his developmental growth. Jaxen couldn't sit until he was almont 9 months old. He still can't really crawl, he army crawls. The last time we say the doctor he said he wanted Jaxen walking along furniture, that won't happen. He really is getting better, I find that he is about 2-3 months behind most babies his age. But then what's this business about every baby being different. I don't know what to think but I do know I love him and he can take how ever long he wants to start walking. We go back to see Dr. Wong on the 24th of this month so we will see. Here is a list of what Jaxen is doing and liking these days:
-Loves food! Eats anything and everything
-Eats 3 times a day and 3-4 bottles
-Can army crawl. Can crawl 3-4 steps then drops back to his stomach
-Starting to pull himself onto things
-Can get up 2 stairs by himself
-Can get into crawling position from tummy and then sit up
-Still only says dada, laughs at me when I say mama
-Sleeps through the night most nights
-Loves Ava and tries to keep up with her
-Laughs at everything
-Has a tender heart

3 comments:

  1. neither one of my boys rolled over till they were nine months then they crawled at ten months and nash walked like three weeks later but drew didn't walk till 14 months. my kids just hated their tummys and refused to be on them so they wouldn't roll. i think every kid just does things when they are ready, they have to walk sometime right. sorry you had to go through all that stress and i know everything will turn out for you. as a side note my neice on bradys side didn't walk till see was 19 months old! im a believer in every kid is different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had all that stuff going on. I'm glad the stiffness has worked it self out. That little boy is so stinkin cute and has always been very social! I wouldn't worry so much about the crawling and walking. It will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my little buddy. I like that kid. I like any kid that doesn't scream when I hold him (or her). Although it doesn't hurt that yours is a total doll. Glow worm. That's what he reminds me of. : )

    ReplyDelete