Thursday, February 18, 2010

Who's bed? Mine!!!

We have been trying to get Ava to sleep in her "big bed" since December. In a post awhile back I swore I would never let Ava sleep in my bed, we will get back to that though. We started with the sitting in her room until she fell asleep but it didn't work. Then we tried laying in bed with her but that became a game. Then I ended up sleeping downstairs on a air mattress with her, that lasted about one month. It truly was the only way she would fall asleep and allow me to get some sleep too. I am not the greatest to be around when I haven't had any sleep. I then decided to take out her nap completely to see if that made a difference. Well, she now will fall asleep in her bed and stays there for about 3-4 hours. She will wake up in the middle of the night and find her way to our bedroom. Kyle tried taking her back to her bed but she would always find her way back in 10 or so minutes. I stopped fighting the one thing I didn't want to do. Ava now sleeps in our bed most nights. She is horrible to sleep with. She kicks, rolls, arms fly, it is dangerous. Oh well, I guess we are all sleeping though right?

3 comments:

  1. I can relate. Ty comes into our room in the middle of the night too. I finally made a little bed for him on the floor, so thats where he sleeps now, not in our bed. It is a much better sleep for all of us! Good luck though. Its usually just a phase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I don't have kids, obviously, but I can only imagine how wretched that must be. It sounds like you've tried EVERYTHING (way more solutions than I even knew existed). I wish I had advice for you, but...I don't.

    But I am really sorry for your plight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we got nash a fun night light that he loves, his is one from costco that faids from one color to the next, and if he doesn't stay in his bed then he losses the light. we take the light and put him back in his room and he crys for awhile then i go back in and tell him that he has to stay in his room and go to sleep or the light gets taken. he normally comes out once still to get a drink and goes to bed. im with ya on the bed thing, i cant stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete