Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010




Halloween as a mother is definitely different but it is equally as enjoyable. Ava was so excited this year, she could hardly contain herself. We started Halloween off by going to a party at Grandma Nola's. We had snacks, played some games and did a little visiting. Later on we went home, ordered some pizza and got ready for trick-or-treating. Ava really wanted to be Snow White, that's what she was last year. My mom bought this costume for Ava and with a little convincing, she was good to go. I think she is the cutest little witch in the whole world. Jaxen on the other hand wasn't so sure what was going on. Every time I put that spider costume on him, he would scream. As long as I had a sucker on hand he seemed to settle. We started around the block at 6:15. Ava was in heaven! After every house she would ask me "are we done?" When I said no she got a huge smile on her face. Jaxen was happy at first but every time someone put something in his bag, he tried to get it out. He was getting so upset that he couldn't reach into the bag and grab the candy. It was taking forever and he was freaking out. Kyle ended up taking him home and Ava and I continued around the block. It was getting a little bit chilly by the end of our circle so we decided to head home. We all sat down in the living room dumped out the candy to see the goods. The kids indulged for a little while and then had a good tooth brush and headed to bed. I was the lame house that shut my lights off at 8:00pm. I didn't want anyone to ring my doorbell and wake up my kids. All in all it was a great night!


2 comments:

  1. They are adorable! We did trunk or treat on Saturday here and had NO candy to hand out on Sunday so I was the lame one with my lights out ALL night. Oh well. Claire had a great time too, I think Halloween is SO fun with little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so cute. I love that you turned off your lights when your kids went to bed, I did the same thing last year and would have this year too if I were home.

    ReplyDelete