Thursday, October 15, 2009

Potty Training

I have decided that this is one of the hardest things both Ava and I have done. For me is trying not to get angry everytime she says "nope, I don't have to pee" then 5 seconds later she pee's on the floor. I think Ava really doesn't care to be potty trained but she really is too old for diapers. She is going to be three is Jan. and I really want her to be diaper free by then. Everyone tells me she will get it in her own time but I don't agree. If I let her stay in her diapers it will get harder and harder to get her out. I never really knew just how stubborn she really is. Daughter like mother I suppose. I even ordered the "The Potty Bootcamp". Let me just say drill time is just horrible. Imagine going back and forth back and forth between rooms and a little girl saying "mommy what are we doing?" "stop it". It just broke my heart. We did make it through the first day but it was unsuccessful. The second and third day there was some process but everytime she goes she thinks she should get a surprise. She still wears diapers when we go out and for naptime and bedtime. I make sure that when we are at home she only wears her panties. She has gone a few times on her own but refuses to poop in the potty. She was holding it in and I knew she had to go. As soon as I put on a diaper she went. This really is one of the most frustrating things I have ever dealt with. I hope she gets it soon!

3 comments:

  1. oh man i am so not looking forward to this!! chloe is super stubborn but gets it from her dad!! i hope it goes better for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I did this whole "potty training adventure" with Brody, I told myself I wasn't going anywhere for a week. We pretty much had Brody running around in underwear and made some messes, but he knew that going back to diapers wasn't an option. It took some days, but he finally got it. Keep being consistent, and she'll get it. I love though, that you said she's as stubborn as you! Funny how that happens to us hey?!
    (Jaxen can come to my house if you need some Ava-mom time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karli, Ty did not want to go on the potty ever. I was working full time so I just wasn't sure how to "train" him so I knew eventually when he was ready he would do it himself. And he did, just after his 3rd birthday he started going on the toilet all by himself, pee and poo and he hasn't had any accidents I know she won't go to kindergarten in a diaper, so try to relax she'll get it don't push her too much or it will make her anxious. Hope this helps I'm not trying to be bossy!!!!

    ReplyDelete