Sunday, October 11, 2009

Early morning drive

I decided it was finally time to make the trip to Strathmore to visit a dear friend. Before I left I couldn't decide who I should take, Jaxen or Ava. They both have their own pros and cons but yet my heart was torn. Naturally one would think Ava might be the easiest but in reality not so much. She only eats at home or in her car seat, so fast food in usually the only option when out. My lovely little Ava has decided that she is now in charge and what she says goes. I didn't want to have to deal with a kicking and screaming child in the mall if she didn't get her way. So my poor little Ava was out.
Jaxen was the next runner up so we packed and were ready to go. We got to Strathmore eary afternoon, had some lunch and off to Balzac we went. Things we going good so far, had a little melt down in the mall but nothing a bottle couldn't fix. Three hours later we decided it was time to go. Traffic was nuts!!!! We got back home had some supper and played for awhile. Little Ellie and Jaxen we beat so it was time for bed. Jaxen it usually a good sleeper so I didn't think we would have a problem. At 8:30 both kids were out. Kristi and I went down stairs and watched a movie and had some snacks. Midnight rolled around and we headed to bed. I crawled into bed thinking I wouldn't be up til morning...wrong. My little man is such a loud sleeper, it drives me nuts. He wouldn't stop moving and banging his head at the top of the play pen. I can tell if he is restless but still sleeping but the moment I hear him sigh or coo he is up for good. I heard a little coo and we were up. I thought I could get him back to sleep but no luck for me. I knew it was over from there. I really didn't want him to wake Ellie and I really didn't want to stay awake all night.
So it was now 2:00am. What to do what to do??? I am a tad bit crazy so I decided to drive home. It was snowing so bad I thought I was going to have to turn around but thankfully it stopped. Jaxen was sleeping, I was driving, life was good. Never have I seen so much wildlife on the road, I had a couple of close calls. I got home around 5:00am feed jaxen a bottle and slept till 8:00am. Quite the little journey but if I am not sleeping at night I would rather be driving!

1 comment:

  1. Ok crazy adventures with Karli!
    I'm glad you got home safe and sound.
    See you at pre-school!

    ReplyDelete