Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm falling behind!







Summer has been busy and fun. I truly haven't felt that we even had a summer as the weather went but we didn't let that get us down. I am only going to blog on one item right now and then maybe tomorrow I will blog again. I am going to focus on Medicine Hat in this post. I don't even remember when it was we went, maybe a month ago. Ava and I were going to go by ourselves for the weekend. I was excited to get away with my little girl but I thought it would be more fun with some girl company. I phoned Kristi and invited her and Ellie to join us. She accepted and we all met in Medicine Hat on a Saturday. I haven't been to Medicine Hat for probably 14 years so I have no idea where I was going. Kyle thankfully printed a map off for me and it actually wasn't hard to find, the hotel I mean. We stayed at the Medicine Hat Lodge. I had a free nights stay in an Executive Suite, which I won at the Magrath Museum dinner. We met Kristi and Ellie there and decided to go for a little snack at Wendy's. We then did a little shopping and I bought a new bathing suit, so cute. We then went to Kelsey's to eat supper. Ava was so tired, I wasn't sure if she was getting sick or just exhausted. She slept in the booth during supper, which was nice for me. She woke up, got a second wind and we were off to shopper's for some last minute items we forgot. We went back to the hotel and went swimming. They had 2 waterslides, a hot tub, a baby pool and a big pool. Afterwards we went back to our room to have a midnight snack and watch some tree house before bed. It truly was a nice getaway and I really need to do it more often.






1 comment:

  1. sounds fun! its so nice when you can get away with the girls, and have some special time with one of your kids!

    ReplyDelete