Sunday, November 4, 2012

Swimming Lessons





What can I say about swimming lessons? They came and they went so fast! Ava loves the water and I had no concern for her. Jaxen on the other end is a tad bit sensitive to EVERYTHING!!! It didn't help that I registered them for the end of August, it was cold and windy some days. Ava adored her teacher and I might say had a little crush on him. It was one of the Snow boys and I sadly don't remember his name. She was fearless and I was surprised in everything she did this year. She truly thought she could swim and jumped right in the deep end. Luckily she came back up and was close enough to the end so she could grab on. She never tried that again but she is getting better. Jaxen didn't have such a great experience. The water was too cold and his teacher wasn't as enthusiastic to take him on. Jaxen cried and it was a fight to get him in the water each day. One day he actually said to his teacher in a snotty little voice "I don't want to". I was horrified that was my child. I was fighting him in the beginning but I finally gave up, if he didn't want to get in the water he didn't have to. Jaxen didn't even get out of his clothes on the final day. Luckily his teacher still gave him a treat and a report card on the last day. I am dreading it but I hope his fear of water gets better over the year. Here's to next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment